Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Friday, January 30, 2009

Verdasco v. Nadal

The energy between these two is quite hostile. The looks? Nadal accusing him of getting coached? Now, I've seen these two be pretty civil on the court. I'm thinking of this time Verdasco had to retire. I can't remember the tournament (I watch too much tennis). And they was a nice handshake and discussion at the net. That said, at the Canada Open every year, Verdasco is not hanging with Ferrer, Lopez and Nadal. I've even seen Almagro with them, but never Verdasco. I used to think it was a Madrid v. Barcelona thing. I do think that may have something to do with it. Verdasco is a Madrileno and the rest are Catalans, I think. Ferrer might be Valencian, but that is much much closer to Barcelona than Madrid, and their language is closer to Catalan. But I'm just guessing.

I love this tennis, though. I find the hostility sort of exciting. I also find Nadal and Verdasco really exciting to watch. I love these guys.

More soon.

I am 3/3 in the furth and beleive it or not- I have to leave soon, to drive upstate, and play tennis at Total Tennis for the whole weekend. I think I will not see this end of this til later. Sigh. But man, what a nice afternoon. I could watch this match over and over again, all day long for, like, years.

Yours Truly,
Paula

3 comments:

Orysbestos said...

Hey I love your blog. Every time I watch A Nalbandian match I think of it.
The looks from Verdasco and Nadal in this match were crazy, but I think that's just the tennis warrior in them coming out.
I was supporting Verdasco a lot but I felt there was something niggling in the back of my mind about him. I remembered just now that apparently Verdasco said "What country is this? Africa?" when he was playing in Canada against Dancevic and the crowd was really loud. Um, I was not impressed.

paula said...

I had not heard that about Verdasco and I was in Canada last summer. So it isn't true. I love him.

But yes, the warriors in both of them. What a match.

Thanks for stopping by Oryem.

paula said...

Oops! My computer is not working right. I meant to make that more jokey- more - "Say it isn't true!!!" Anyway, it might be true, but that would make me sad. Because that is not a nice thing to say.