Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, March 3, 2008

My Strange Dream About Tommy Haas

First- thanks to Rick Rock for being the most awesomest guest blogger!!!!!!!!!! Wow, I really dug his emotional involvement with Elena Dementieva's Thighs. I would love to hear from anyone else who is interested in guest blogging!

But, two nights ago, I had a dream about Tommy Haas. I woke, like I often do, and was confused if I had been dreaming or if what I dreamt were really true. Well, I had been dreaming and I was relieved. Have you ever killed someone in your dream and been like, whoa, this sucks? I'm going to get in trouble. And then you wake and and you're like, Phew, I didn't actually kill anybody! Thank God!

My dream about Tommy Haas was sort of like that except that I didn't kill him. But I had a lot of relief upon awakening and realizing that it was a dream!

What is so strange about this dream is that I don't like Tommy Haas!!! I never ever root for him during a match. This is because two years ago (before I didn't like him) I was in Toronto at the Canada Men's Open and he came out on the grandstand and behaved so so so badly. There was an article in the paper about it the next day, where the journalist said he should have been disqualified from the match, and I agreed at the time and I still agree in retrospect. Literally, on the first point, he disagreed with a line call and started berating and insulting and cursing out Norm Christ (Like, one of my favorite Chair Umps!) and just went on and on and on. It was stunning. Like Roid Rage. Like, a Crazy Person. Roddick does that, too, and I think he should get disqualified from many a match. Just don't put up with that, people! No other sport would ever tolerate that behavior to the officials and it is time to stop tolerating it in tennis.

So after that, I never rooted for Haas. I liked to see him lose. (He lost that match in Toronto that day, thank goodness).

So why this dream? OK, before I hated him, I did think he was handsome. And I do think he plays some lovely tennis- he has grace in his strokes. But, I like the Spanish guys! I'm not so into a German guy- German doesn't equal sexy to me.

But my unconscious begs to differ. Here I was, in this little room with nothing in it but Tommy and myself. We were on the floor, leaning against a wall? Not sure, but that sounds about right. I think this room was on a boat! Whoa! Dreams, man- what a trip. My kids and my parents (but not my husband, oddly) were elsewhere on the boat. We were getting intimate. Kissing, touching. I was feeling badly (but not as badly as when I kill someone in a dream) because, hey, I'm married and I don't even like Tommy Haas! And in the dream, I was thinking that! I was thinking, I don't even like this guy, he's sort of a prick! But I was all hot for him anyway. He was breaking down my defenses. It started to get real. He had me all hot and bothered and I was letting him do things to me that I don't let just anyone do! I was like, oh God, this feels so good, oh God, this is so wrong. And then my kids knocked on the door of the room and were coming in the door, so I was getting up and pulling up my pants....then I woke up. And I was very relieved that it was a dream because of the guilt thing regarding my husband.

Now, if it had been David Nalbandian- I don't know. I'm just not even sure how I would feel in the dream. Or outside of the dream. Or in real life. But it wasn't David, it was Tommy Haas. Oh well.

Looking forward to THe Tennis Channel Open- it starts later tonight.
Yours Truly,
Paula

2 comments:

Naf said...

This is the funniest post I've ever read while I was at work and couldn't laugh because I'm not supposed to be blogging or reading blogs at work!
OMG. I'll have to wait until I get to my car.

paula said...

Thanks so much Naf, for your kind words regarding my dream about Tommy Haas! And thanks for stopping by my blog in general- it makes my day to get comments!