Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Sunday, September 6, 2009

PINK is for Winners

The V. Williams, Clijsters match confused me. My spirits were low low low after the first set and the wrap on Venus's knee makes me uncomfortable. She looks like she's in pain. The second set renewed my spirits. Clijster's game collapsed completely. I was sad for her and although Venus was still hobbling, she stepped up her play significantly. To have both players turn in doughnuts made the third set a clean slate t so I was still tense but hopeful.

That unforced error committed by Venus in the first game of the third set was horrible to watch, to have all that open court and to miss the shot so completely was bewildering. And then she did it a second time, right into the net. Her drop shot fails her far too often. She has got to get that situation under control. I was stressed the entire set because I take it all very personally. I tried to coach Venus from my couch but she completely ignored my advice. It was nice to finally see relatively consistent play from both players. While I was rooting for Williams, I am impressed by Clijster's comeback and her play in the first and third sets. That final serve of Clijsters sent a real loud message and that message was, "Come and get me, bitches."

It will be very interesting to see how she fares against Li Na and even though Williams lost, pink is still the color of winners.

No comments: