Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Melanie Oudin defeats Elena Dementieva

Oudin fist pumps A LOT. It sort of bugs me. It shouldn't, but it does. I like a fist pump here and there, especially on big points. But for every point? Anyway, she really wants to beat the house favorite, Leni. I like her spirit as a general thing. But we here love Leni. We are Leni lovers. I also like Maxim Afinogenov, Leni's boyfriend.

Oh no, Melanie is cramping badly! That I don't like to see. She's insanely fit, so I don't think it's a fitness thing. Stress? Man, tennis is so mental. And she's up a break here in the third! Hm. Good match. Which is good, because last night's matches bored me to tears. OK, the break back and then the break again.

I will make the observation that I often do- these ladies are good a tennis. I will add this which may sound mean - Leni is much more attractive than Oudin. But Oudin is beating her! Just goes to show, even if you are insanely gorgeous, you can lose at tennis. Like Ana losing the other evening.

I do find it exciting in some way that an American player who is not a Williams sister playing well even though I am the least patriotic person on the planet in most ways, as in I love Spanish men. And Oudin is young, which is always exciting.

OK, it's 5/2 here. Let's see what happens.

Also, FYI- Rick Rock is 201 in the ATP raquet bracket thingy at the tennis channel website. I am 421, I think.

Um, I just screamed "Come on Leni, break her!" I will be so sad if Leni is out. Match points. One saved. I feel wierd. I need to eat something. Second match point saved. Does anyone have advice on how to quit smoking? She did it! Wow. Stunning. Not as stunning as Vania King beating Stosur, but more upsetting here as we worship Leni. Wah.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: