Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cibulkova Almost Double Bagels Sharapova???

Oh my.

Well, it didn't happen. But this match, which they showed very little of, due to the speed of it and Murray and Gonzo playing at the same time, is quite a surprise. Sharapova running out of gas "matchwise" due to lack of match play?

I give lots of credit to Cibulkova, mind you.

The end bit there- all of a sudden, Sharapova's play gets much much more aggressive. You have to admire that crazy fighting spirit. That said, I'm super happy about this upset. Cibulkova is Slovak, her boyfriend is Austrian (Meltzer) and- yeah. I'm from their neck of the woods. And I'm not a huge Maria fan. So yeah, feeling good today! Nice upstet AND Safina came through!

I'm not so happy about Soderling crushing Davydenko. But I won't focus on that right now.
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: