Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Upsets on Day 3 of Wimbledon 2008

OK, I played four hours of tennis at a tennis "camp" today and now I'm drinking wine and watching tennis -and my back hurts - AND- I was really impressed with how Djokovic handled his loss and spoke about it at that evil thing, the press conference. I would almost say that his impeccable manners here at Wimby 2008 make up for all of his other booboos, but that would perhaps be....an exaggeration. And yet, he was impressive, no? Gave credit to Safin, made no real excuses. Wow. Wow. Regarding the level of upsettedness- Safin is dangerous to anyone when not being the mental retard that he can sometimes be. And, even though he states he hates the grass, never plays well at Wimby, for some reason, he was playing really well and not being the over-emotional Russiany Russian dude and being a world class player instead. By the way, Safin is HOT.

OK, now I am watching the wierder upsettedness of of Dechy v. world's number 1, Ana Ivanovic. My 12 year old loves Ana because she's "hot". Gee, where did he get that word. Oh- not from me. I think I may have gotten it from him. Well, let's be honest, it's not really a strange word to describe the likes of Safin or Ana. But, why is Dechy beating her? Or almost? Or pushing her like this? This is no Safin- and no offense to the lovely Frenchwoman, but no one would have called this upset. (Safin, people could bet on him). But Dechy's serving so well. And Ana's second serve- sitting up high in the middle of the box- and Dechy can do what she likes with it.

All right- I'll watch some more and be back.

WHOAH! Ana pulled it out. Awesome fun second round match. I'm feeling sorry for Dechy. OK, I'm really feeling for her. My heart is broken.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: