Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 2, Wimbledon, 2008

Well, I watched yesterday and I watched today and....I miss the clay court season. BUT - I do love Wimby, don't I? I love tennis whites. In fact, I sort of fetishize them. Meow. But, the buttoned down atmosphere is getting to me. I just need to adjust.

OK, here's a few things. What happened to David Nalbandian? I didn't cry. I didn't. But my heart was broken. I want to know what is going on with him, and I don't. It's a mystery. I feel out of the loop, the Nalby loop. Now he's watching - David Nalby that is - his buddy Shwank play Roddick. Two bad things are happening while I watch this: one: Mary Carillo is covering this match for ESPN2 and is driving me nuts. She keeps saying "SHWANK!" like it's an insult, or an exclamation for "shank", as in shank a ball. Mary, you reeeeaally bug me. Also- Roddick? Badmouthing at the chair. Making me embarrassed to be an American. And they keep showing his girlfriend, the Sports Illustrated model that - is it true? - he picked out of the magazine and had his agent call her agent. Again, makes me ashamed to be from the US. The word soulless comes to mind. So, this match is bugging me. And it's almost over. There it is. Roddick gave a good handshake. A tiny consolation. Shwank, by the way, has that -Gaudio/Nadal/Djokovic/Santoro and so on and so forth ass thing going on- HUGE. HUGE muscle of an ass. Now, Nalby has muscles in his ass, but not like Gaudio. And not like Shwank. Maybe that is his problem. I'm kidding of course. His real problem his he needs ME. And I'm not there. Sorry David! Sorry I am not there for you. Oh heavy sigh.

So, sorry folks, but I am having a grumpy Wimby day! Because here is another thing that confused me and I don't know what to make of this: Did Lindsay Davenport not shake the chair's hand? I rewound, again and again- why, what?- I mean, I like her. But I don't get it. I watched quite a bit of the match, but I am not there. There is so much that goes on there, that the TV doesn't show. Anyway, even if she's angry and injured- she is injured- she should shake the chair's hand, no?

All right. I'm at the end of my tape here. Confused and not amused, but feeling hopeful for the days to come.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: