Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Jelena v. Ana

This one has a bit more umph to it than the other semi. I want Jelena to win and she's not winning . But hey, it's only the beginning of the second set.

Jelena is not playing her game. She keeps backing up! Take stuff out of the air! Wht happened to your swinging volley? Urg. She needs a smack in the face. And I love the girl! But think what a good smack would do! Wake her up. Piss her off. It would be good. Someone do it now before it's too late.

Well, Jankovic just took some balls out of the air. Thank GOD. Swinging volley yes! No more of that backing up doodoo.

Well well well well WELL WELL! What a turnaround. I like this. This doesn't suck. Jelena want to finally make it past the semis, and Ivanovic wants another chance to actually win one....it's a tense affair. Whoever wins gets to be Numero Uno. You know, normally I don't like the bitchy ladies and men, but Jelena is so normally smiley and goofy- even when she's losing- that it bugs me less when she has her disagreements with the chair. Plus, she doesn't call them stupid second graders, a la Roddick. She's not THAT bad.

The better player won. Congrats Ana. The final should be interesting. I'll be cheering for Safina, but I like both ladies.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: