Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Two Semis, Two Retirements

Well, I'm just grateful I didn't buy tickets to the semis in Rome. What a rip-off! That said, I don't blame Roddick or Stepanek. Although, I would have liked to see Stepanek barfing at the side of the court. I saw Roddick barf on the side of the court during a Davis Cup years ago - he played out the whole match and lost it. And there is the famous Sampras match, I believe against Courrier, where he was puking and - won! So, there is all that to compare to Stepanek's retirement. Then again, as much as I like to see a player barf and keep going, I would never want to see a player pass out on the court, or lay down writhing with cramps (Who was that dude? Some South American player? They invented the injury time-outs because of him.) So it's a bit of a gray area. Regarding Stepanek, I'm inclined to be in agreement with the commentators- he got on the court two hours or more before he though he would due to Roddick's retirement. And perhaps he had a huge stomach full of pasta? Anyway, I judge retirements case by case, and sometimes I'm not sure how I feel. Or, I have mixed feelings. Ah, life and tennis. Sometimes, it's complicated!
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: