Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 5 at the French Open 2008

Well, who knew that Lapenti is a former top tenner? I did not. He's from Ecuador- not a lot of players coming out of Ecuador. And he's really really handsome. He's winning right now, playing against Bobby Reynolds, a very nice American man who is not as hot as Lapenti.

Nalbandian is up two sets against the very handsome Chardy, a Frenchman. But even if Chardy has underwear model good looks, Nalbandian is my man. See? I can be - faithful. It's not all hotness that matters. I also care about PERSONALITY. That's right. Roddick is hot but he has a bad personality. In fact, he's a jerk on the court so often that I have cringed- cringed- here in my living room while he insults the chair on my TV. Now, Nalbandian is a class act. (And he looks sort of like my husband). And so regardless of Chardy's amazing superhotness - OK, if he begged me to cuddle him or something like that I wouldn't say no - I hope that Nalby wins. In fact, like always, I have Nalby winning the whole thing in my raquet bracket! He can do it! So, I can be very faithful to whom I root for, or put my money on.

Also in my raquet bracket is Gulbis beating Blake. And- you know? - it could happen. I try to pick the upsets, man! There are always upsets.

Erakovic, the New Zealander, has taken Jankovic to a tiebreak in the second here. Go, girl!

LATER:
Erakovic lost but played valiantly against the formidable Jankovic.
Nalbandian, that butthead, just lost two sets after being up two sets. I am so angry at him. All my love and dedication and than he does this to me. Wait, they just showed him get broken in the third and I swear he's injured. He's not going after the ball at all. But he's SUCH a class act, that he'll play out the set to give Chardy the win. Anyway, that is my theory.
Gulbis did beat Blake! I like Blake, but I called Gulbis beating him. Yeah, I'm smart about tennis! Also, I called Llodra beating Berdych!
One thing I did not call: Del Potro losing to Bolelli. I'll blame Johnny Mac for that. He's always talking about how great Del Potro is. Time to ignore JMac.

LATER:
Yes, Nalby was obviously hurt. Poor guy. I hope he gets better soon. I would totally offer to rub his back or feet or whatever. I would love to rub Nalby! But I am very disappointed to see him out of the tournament so early. That said - what a MAN. Nalby played out the whole set even though he was clearly not feeling right. Djokovic needs to take a lesson from my man David regarding that stuff.
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: