Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Henin Retires, Larry Scott owes all tennis fans, and Henin, an apology

I read the article below in the New York Times. Larry Scott says of Henin's retirement "we won't lose any sleep over it". I find this profoundly offensive, perhaps the most offensive thing I've read about Henin's retirement. This man is the head of the WTA. He owes us an apology. Honestly, I think he should offer us his retirement. The world's number one player retires - I wish her the best and do not feel in any way critical of her decision - and the head of the WTA dismisses this huge event? Why? Because he's not good at his job. Because he only cares about making money and doesn't actually care about the sport. What an ass. What a shame.
Yours Truly,
Paula

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/15/sports/tennis/15araton.html?_r=1&sq=larry%20scott&st=nyt&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&scp=2&adxnnlx=1211124265-032mZIKCOyBu4YkU8jzSVw

No comments: