Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tsonga defeats Djokovic

It is the beginning of set three. I have no problem with Tsonga's, or anyone's, leg rub. Being a professional athlete is very bad for one's health, ironically, because professional athletes are also in great shape, you know? But man, they wear their bodies down. I am not a professional athlete. But just this week, my hip flexor pain, which I've been experiencing for a few weeks, got worse. And last week, I threw out my shoulder. Also, hip flexor and shoulder? Same side of the body. Also, on that side, my knee had been bothering me. I am not a professional athlete, but I am a gym rat. And, I get these niggling injuries, cause I work out too much. So, man, get a rub! Right?

Which reminds me of Agassi. All those cortisone shots and his almost inability to move at the end of his career? That really bummed me out. I mean, I don't want to see him in a wheelchair at 42 years old, you know?

Anyway, Tsonga is feeling much better here at the beginning of the third set. I sort of love seesawing sets- where one wins easily, then loses the next set easily, and then- you know, it's tough. Three sets? Five sets is even more exciting. I love how complicated mentally and physically tennis can be. Tsonga is up a break here. See? After going down 1/6 in the last set.

Oh yes, great third set. It really looks like Tsonga is going to pull this out. He's hitting so well. He just slammed a return that was UNBELIEVABLE. Djokovic managed to hold. So now, let's see if Tsonga can manage to serve it out. HE DID IT! Great tennis. Great handshake. Nice sportsmanship. Great match. Aaaah. Love it.


Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: