Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, January 14, 2008

The Australian Open Starts!

Woo Hoo! Lots of tennis. SO much tennis that I can't even write right now! Hours and hours of tennis! This is why tennis is better than football or hockey. It is a sport that can occupy ten hours a day for days at the beginning of a slam. I can think of no other sport that offers so much mind-numbing amounts of couch potatoing.

Jancovic vs. Paszek was the best battle yet. Ugly tennis, but what a fight! And as ugly as the tennis was, both ladies hit groundies like I do in my dreams. But Jancovic may not go far in the tournament. She doesn't look like she's in the best shape. Slightly injured? Overworked? Burn-out? Too bad- I love her game. And being half Austrian, I'm happy to see Paszek do well. I saw her play in teh US Open junior finals last year and she was great. A real fighter.

Off to watch more tennis.
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: