Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, May 11, 2009

Safin's Last Year

OK, like, did he even care that he lost to Tsonga in the first round here in Madrid? I am so sad. I mean, I love Safin. I know he's 29 and that is old age in terms of tennislandia, but still. It's over. The Safin era seems over before it'll really be over, which is soon. Does this mean I have to take him off my list of players I'd sleep with? Because he's not a player anymore? Do I need to make a list of "once players I would sleep with"?
I liked the way he and Tsonga were friendly at the net, at the handshake, but then I also immediately thought, I bet those two get along because they both are shameless tennis groupie take-advantagers. And that's cool- hey, you're only young once. Still, wierd how that popped into my mind right away.

Now I watch Chela and Bolelli. Chela, too, is no spring chicken. Sigh.

Also, the atmosphere in Madrid, one of my favorite places in the universe? Not so good today. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: