Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, August 11, 2008

Juan Martin Del Potro defeats Andy Roddick

Well, Juan Martin Del Potro has been proving all of the many people (including JMac) who say he'll be top ten right. I never saw it in him before- he seemed ungainly - but last night, I saw it! He's filled out, he's gotten more comfortable and settled in his body, he has a good new haircut- I like longish hair but it didn't suit him - and his game is fantastic. The first set was a stunning display of power and precision, the score- 6/1 Del Potro. Andy fought harder, changed tactics, and made for an interesting second set.

Then, last night I had a very wierd dream about Del Potro. It had to do with finding out he had been in jail for a year or so, and so he was very very tough. I woke up and thought that I had heard that on the TV last night, but as my mind woke up further (coffee helped), I realized I had just had another one of my wacky tennis dreams.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: