Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Anna-Lena Groenefeld defeats Hantuchova now that she's not Underweight

Now, Anna-Lena is a former top 20 player and knows how to kick butt on the court so it is no surprise that she beat Danny Hanny. We are huge fans of Danny Hanny here, so I am sad to see her lose. Sometimes we call her Danny Hanny, and sometimes we call her HanTU, or rather hon TU, after the noise that the Sivinanda yoga people make during the certain breathing exersize at the beginning of each class there. I believe it is the breathe of fire. I forget what they call it, or wait, kalibati? Does that sound right? Anyhoo, Danny Hanny went down and we are sad, but. BUT! Anna-Lena was not really on the tour for a while and last time I saw her, she was quite thin. Now she's back to being the big girl she once was and so now she can win again! Interestingly, Danny Hanny has had her issues with weight, too, having gotten way too thin once. Now, Danny Hanny is by no means a big girl, but she's not nearly as slight as she once was. Which is great, because she was not doing well. And now Anna-Lena is back to her normal weight, which is a bit meaty, and now she can win!!! Yeah Girls! Eating is good! It makes you able to win and be less "crazy" too, is my guess.

Now I am watching Safin and Spadea. If I had to make a choice between Safin and Spadea in the boudiour (sp?), I would choose Safin. But I want Spadea to win, because I read his crazy book, Break Point, and I like him and feel sorry for him. But Safin? Piece of fine manliness. Heart throb. Other parts throbbing. Oh man is he hot.

Less "Hot" but actually very attractive, is Gasquet who they just switched to showing. He has that youthful Frenchiness. And the fragility he is known for makes me all warm in the face.He is playing Haas, who I do not like, even though he is attractive too, and I once had an erotic dream about, which I blogged about here:
http://tennisisametaphorforlife.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-strange-dream-about-tommy-haas.html

I'm still jet-lagged. I slept through a bunch of tennis today, which as you all know, is one of my favorite things to do, and something I have blogged about more than once:
http://tennisisametaphorforlife.blogspot.com/2007/10/tennis-as-lullaby.html

Lots of tennis people! Woohoo!

LATER:
Well Spadea and Gasquet lost. So that is sort of a bummer, but I'm not mad that Safin won, really. I am irritated that Haas won. Oh well. I entertained myself by finding this in the wonerdful land of tennis internetlandia:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=138186&page=15
My vote there, btw, is Vinci.


Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: