Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, July 7, 2008

Rafael Nadal wins Wimbledon 2008

First, doubley extra thanks to Rowan for his great post about Jelena! Rowan, you rock!

OH MY GOD!!!!!!! Rafael Nadal beat Federer on grass!!!!!!!! I am so happy for him. I like Roger Federerer, but I like Rafa a tiny bit more. Well, maybe even more that a tiny bit. It really isn't that big of a surprise, because he beat him so thoroughly at the French and even though the clay is different, the whomping that Rafa gave him must have given him confidence. And, more importantly, the last two years he has come so close to beating him on the grass. AND- he won the Queens club. AND- AND -AND!! He's a great tennis player. So, even if I don't find it surprising, I do find it awesome and it is a HUGE deal for Rafa, a huge deal for Spanish tennis- the last guy to win Wimby from Spain was- who? when?- not sure. Or if ever. I would love to hear from anyone who has that info.

I got in last night from my vacation. I had both finals taped. I watched the great tennis of the Williams sisters. I had SIX HOURS taped for the men. I did not get to see the whole match. This morning, I was feeling sad, confused and, honestly, hungover. I was sad to not have seen the whole match. BUT!!!!!! I am trying to focus on the positive and just be happy for RAFA!

Also, I feel the need to mention that Rockytoad and I spoke and he is sad for the Rog, who has not won a Grand Slam this year. And he said, I hope Rog wins The US Open. And, I might agree with Rockytoad on that one. I like Rog. I feel for him, too. I heard that he was really bummed in the post match interview. So, that sucks. Being bummed sucks. And I heart Rockytoad for being a feeling, compassionate person, which is the way to be in this world.

Soon, there will be lots of great hard court tennis.

Also, in a few weeks, I am going to Toronto to see the Masters LIVE! Not for the whole week, but still.
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: