Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Davis Cup

Rowan here, doing some guest blogging again.

How about that Davis Cup huh? Pretty intense. Spain is 2-1 up after the good looking team of Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco beat the slightly less glamorous but still good looking in their own way team of David Nalbandian and Agustin Calleri. The tie could go either way I think, but Spain have got to be feeling pretty buena.

I’m a little disappointed that Juan Monaco isn’t playing. He’s my favourite Argentine. Actually Gaston Gaudio is my favourite Argentine, but he’s not playing anywhere because he is nuts. Speaking of Argentines (Argentineans? No, it’s Argentines right?), I saw that Juan Ignacio Chela got married recently, and all his buddies were there, Nalbandian, Gaudio, Monaco and the rest. Good for Chela.

By the fact that I’m talking about everything but the tennis you can probably tell that I haven’t actually watched any of the Davis Cup matches. But tennis is good like that, you don’t really have to watch it to enjoy it. I won’t be able to see the action tonight, but I am excited about what’s going to happen. Will Argentina play del Potro or Acasuso? Acasuso is a good player but it’s not a stretch to say he’s a clay court guy. Del Potro can go on any surface but he does look a little tired. Maybe they will call Chela on his honeymoon and get him to suit up and come in. Or maybe Chela is at Mar del Plata already, I don’t know because I haven’t been watching. So I admit there are definite benefits to watching tennis matches. Go Argentina.

No comments: