Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Monte Carlo!!!!!! 2009- and part 5 of why I love David Nalbandian

I've been watching a lot of tennis. I just watched Verdasco beat Kohlshreiber. It was boring to me, for some reason. Too "quiet"? First match of the day? Now we have Federer and the Viking-Swedish-looking-barbarian-hords-were-everywhere-Italian, Seppi. Will this be more exciting? I am feeling sleepy. I might take a tennis nap, written about here more elaborately. (Look! I learned how to imbed links! Yeah me!)

Someone asked why Nalbandian is on the top of my list of possible tennis lovers that I would have if life was perfect. Here is my answer of the day, which would be different on another day:

Love is a strange thing, unexplainable, mysterious, surprising, gorgeous, physically arousing and baffling and exciting and amazing and wierd and heart stopping and painful and heart wrenching. I love David Nalbandian. I love him! I think it might have to do with I think he looks like Rick Rock. Now, when I say that to people--(and I wrote about it here I think for the first time, yes! imbedded links rock)- when I say, I think Nalbandian looks like Rick Rock, they look at me like I am crazy. And, well, I am a little crazy. But, years ago, when I was first discovering my future life of a person who watches tennis all the time, Rick Rock and I were not getting along. So I projected all my love for Rick Rock onto Nalbandian, because Rick Rock was not accepting and reacting to my love and loving me back and so I just loved Nalbandian instead and he didn't disappoint me because he only lives in the television in my life! Really. Once, I had a boyfriend in college who was a complete asshole to me but I loved him but he wasn't receptive to my love in the right way, so I became obsessed with Al Pacino because I thought Al Pacino looked like my college boyfriend. So -Nalbandian has a big nose. He has close set, blue eyes. He has a little head in comparison to his body. He is, in my mind, a double to Rick Rock. And so, I love him. Now, the real question is, why do I love Rick Rock. That I cannot answer. Also, Nalbandian is infuriating- he loses when he shouldn't, wins when he shouldn't, is mystery itself embodied in a tennis player--and RR is infuriating too! I'm not sure I would call Rick Rock mysterious though. I have to think about that. But my love for him is surely as mysterious as Nalbandian's tennis behavior.

Anyway, Fed and Sep are on serve. Naptime? Hm.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: