Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Friday, April 25, 2008

Tennis as Lullaby, Part 2

I have been watching a lot of Monte Carlo on the Tennis Channel, but, oddly, have little to say about it. That is because I have often been falling asleep while I watch. This is one of my favorite things to do - fall asleep while watching tennis. But it doesn't make for good comprehension of the matches.
The one match where I didn't fall asleep was Federer v. R. Hidalgo. How messed up was that third set! Hidalgo choked. Federer stopped making tons of errors. But - wierd stuff! I loved it.
Also, I have caught little bits of Nalbandian playing really well. I have him, in my raquest bracket, winning the whole thing. Rick Rock, my guest blogger, has Nadal winning. Gasquet, Ferrer and Djokovic look real good out there, too. So it should get intense.
Oops. I just turned on the quarters- Gasquet lost to Querrey! I'm a bit disappointed in that- Gasquet is really, really attractive. He has that young boy/man thing that makes me want to initiate him into the world of adult life. Then again, he's French, so he's probably been sleeping with older women since he was fourteen.
But what is up with someone speaking Italian to me? The Tennis Channel is picking up some wierd feed.
Today is the quarters- things could really heat up! I could maybe not fall asleep. We'll see.
Yours truly,
Paula

No comments: