Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Power of The Pimple

Well, as I mentioned in the comment section in my previous post, I think that Federer's pimple overpowered Nole (Djokovic), wore him down, and finally, took his breathe away. The pimple's supernatural powers sucked the air right out of Nole's lungs. And that was that.

In a former life, I should have been an esthetician- I would have a field day on that zit! Just ask my former boyfriends, or my current husband! I hope Mirka enjoys the hard work she has ahead of her. Although, it's possible Fed will be like "don't touch it!" Sometimes, my husband says that. He says, "it's not ready." Now, Fed's pimple is BEYOND ready. It seems to exist in a universe all its own- maybe Pluto wasn't a planet and is a moon, or maybe it's Fed's pimple? OR- Perhaps Mirka already squeezed it? And it got worse? This sometimes happens.

But- tennis. Now, I used to defend Nole when he retired for breathing problems when I heard he had had surgery to correct a deviated septum. BUT- I feel he should have finished the second set here. I am disappointed with his professionalism. It's not quite as awful as the time Henin retired to Mauresmo at the final of the Australian, because it wasn't the final, but if it had been the final, I would have been really, really mad. Once Nalbandian retired against Fed at the French- in the semis? But he was INJURED, not suffering from an ongoing condition. And - five sets?- that's different. He could have really hurt himself. All Nole had to do here was play two (or three) more games. And he didn't do it. And so he did the wrong thing.

Then again, I believe he is nineteen. Maybe twenty? And when I was that age, all I ever did was do the wrong thing! Like, screw around with loser guys and smoke and party and sometimes go to college! So, he did the wrong thing, but not as wrong as the things I did at his age. And he does do the right thing sometimes, he really does. Like be a successful tennis player and sometimes he loses graciously after playing out a whole match. So who am I to judge? Man, when I was nineteen, I was noooo professional tennis player.
Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: