Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Tipsarevic v. Roddick

Let's talk about how nuts Tipsarevic is. In Toronto, I was very excited to watch him play up close and personal because he's a true eccentric. A tattoo quoting Doestoyevsky in Japanese writing? Lots of tatts in general? Shabby looking hair and those glasses! Gosh, I bet he's a fun person with whome to pound vodka. He walks real strangely. His facial hair is all wrong. Gosh, I like him. He's sort of like me, but better at tennis. And I don't have his facial hair or tatts or wear glasses, but I am - all wrong. He reminds me of some seventies rock musician, noodling along on his guitar whilst singing deep thoughts about the universe. But I was courtside when he messed up his ankle and fell to the ground and so forth in Toronto. So I didn't get to see much of him at all.

I'm sipping a bourbon and vaping, even though I happen to know I have some cigarettes hidden in the house. Vaping is good, but not as good as smoking, even if it is actually BETTER, like, for my health, it just doesn't have the same- how to say it- way of filling my lungs up with tar and carbon monoxide that smoking does.

No comments: