Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Monday, November 26, 2007

The Men's Year End Championship: A Summary

There were two exciting things that happened in Shangai this year. One: Federer proved his dominance despite a less dominant year than the years before. I like to see him waver and then not waver. The second thing was: Ferrer's ass-kicking move into the top five or whatever he is now- six? My point is -- watching him beat Nadal and then Roddick was thrilling. I don't really understand why he didn't give Federer a better match during the final. But that is why tennis and all sports are so fascinating: the mystery of performance. The way some people "own" other people. Why does Berdych beat Nadal and Nadal beat Federer? Doesn't Santoro have a winning record against Safin? I watched Karlovic beat Hewitt once and it didn't make any sense. Ferrer incredible run ended with a not very good match. It's too boring to say that Federer just played better than him. But it might be the truth.
I'm sad that we now have a break from the tennis season. But I guess I'll watch whatever they happen to show on the Tennis Channel. Including exposition matches? Hell, why not.

No comments: