Me, Watching Tennis

Me, Watching Tennis
Me, Watching Tennis

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Thank You, Rowan! And: Nalbandian defeats Niemenen

Rowan- what a treat to get great coverage of such a fantabulous event. Del Potro and Dementieva winning??!! Holy Holy! I belong to both of their facebook groups- I know there is more than one group for each, but still. I love Argentines and I love Leni (although not as much as Rick Rock, because I like dudes, and she's a lady, and he likes ladies, and he likes her noises and her thighs and well...he likes her). Anyway, I am super grateful to have had you here blogging. You are funny AND you like tennis! And you exude some serious kindness. How great is that? Great, great great.

I am watching Nalbandian beat Niemenen and it is not over but. BUT! He might win an event! And one of the commentators said it could be a good year in the Slams for him!!!!!!!! Oh, if it were true. I wasn't even drunk when I filled out my raquet bracket for the Aussie Open and then the next day I said to my friend, "I have Nalbandian beating Del Potro in the final." And then I went and looked at my picks, and I had Simon beating...wait I can't remember! Anyway, I went for the wacky wierd picks. But I have Nalby in the semis. I feel if I pick him to win the final of a Grand Slam, like I so often have done in the past, that I jinx him, and then he doesn't win, and it is all my fault for picking him. So, out of my love for him, I did not pick him. That is how I now understand it.

He looks amazing out there. Sexy black Yonex outfit. He is playing with a different Yonex raquet. I think this new raquet is going to help his game. It is heavier, I think. I played with his old Yonex raquet- demoed it--and it was too light for me. It had some nice action, but my balls were flying. I'm sure he had it tricked out, but still. I think a raquet change it great. Also, the Yonex raquets? OK, OK, raquets in general? They are to me like some people feel about their Iphones. Or vibrators. I mean, I LOVE tennis raquets. My son just got the Wilson Blade - the one that Djokovic plays with? I steal it from him from time to time. NICE. That raquet makes my breath come a little fast.

Nalby is serving well. It is 3/1 in the second. And his blond shaggy beard thing going on? Ahhhh. I am so happy to be alive.

(It's 5/3 now....nice. Nalby just smacked the most amazing second serve.) Now it is 5/5. I still love life, but I really am slightly disappointed with the score here. More soon. Oh for heaven's sake, he just framed a ball. Not one first sreve so far in the game. Now he put one in the net. Nerves? Nerves. It must be. It has to be. Good Lord, Nalby - you deserve this title!!! You do!!! Tiebreak time. WHOAH. Niemenen just hit the craziest winner. Now Nalby won a point beautifully. But the servers are not winning points, which is wierd. This is GREAT tennis. I love it when they dig their heels in and start playing like thier baby sister's virginity is on the line. The passion! The grit!

This might go to a third set.

Third set. My head hurts. I'm really tired. Great tennis. The left side of my forehead feels bad. More soon. OK, he's up a break here in the third, but he is struggling regardless. Holy crapper of craps. Two match points. Now one. HE DID IT!!!!!! Nice title for my man. I am sooo happy to be alive.

And I managed to stay up for the speech. Good Lord, how insanely polite and beyond gracious he is. That is why I love him. Oh, yes, he is hot. But come on! No one has more dignity than my man, David Nalbandian. Also, miraculously, my headache went away. Go figure.

Yours Truly,
Paula

No comments: